Saturday, September 02, 2006

Sweet Georgia Brown

Its been so long since I've written and I feel bad about that but hey, moving to a new state can take it out of ya. Let me just say that as a girl who grew up in El Paso, TX, I never imagined that I would ever live in the beautiful state of Georgia. I was a fan of Margaret Mitchell's "Gone With The Wind" and my imagination ran wild with the scenes from the film and book. Sigh. Real life Atlanta hasn't disappointed yet. It is so beautiful and green here I cannot begin to say. Don't get me wrong..I love the desert, but there is something so comforting about the trees.
We've been here about 5 weeks and its been go go go the whole time! The biggest event (besides the move) has been getting my baby into public school. Maya started first grade and let me just say I'm surprised that I didn't need a tranquilizer that day. Leaving one's child with total strangers is UN-NATURAL (no matter how much said child may drive you mad while at home). The best thing about this is how well Maya has done at school. She was moved to a new state, and went to a family reunion (from which we returned only 1 day before school started) prior to being thrust into a whole different experience. I'm a homebody and I kept my kids home with me most of the time. This had to have been a HUGE adjustment for her and she has just gone with flow and done her best every step of the way.
Maya, I salute you and you are a brave little soul!! I love you and am more proud of you than I can say!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home