Sunday, June 25, 2006

Yarn haul


Yarn haul
Originally uploaded by samuraisqurl.
The yarn sale was AWESOME. We got there at maybe a quarter after it opened and it was packed of course. I looked for a long time at all the wool and couldn't really pick anything out. So we saddled on over to the cotton blend side and Maya found Euroflax! Euroflax!? I never knew she carried it! It must be new inventory. Brilliant move. I was floored. I think I shoved someone out of the way to get to it. Four (4) skeins of the lighter weight in a beautiful brown. Also, another score. The first yarn you see on your right as you enter the front is the sock yarn. She had freaking Austermann Step! So Soft! Yay! So here in the picture is my Euroflax and Austermann Step with some US 7 addi turbo's since apparently there isn't a size 7 needle in the house. (? how does that happen?) I also bought some polyester yarn that is so soft that you almost feel like you are touching nothing. I'm knitting it together with another novelty yarn I bought at Joann's for a scarf. I figure this scarf will keep me sane while I knit another gray sweater (Mike has been assimilated). I didn't get much but I absolutely LOVE what I got! It was a lot of fun and I wish I hadn't had to run off but we had a barbeque to go to.
This next week I'll try and go to the knit-in on Thursday just to see whats left over and whats new. Besides, I bought some baby yarn I want to return (valid excuse). Mike can't believe I spent $100 on yarn and didn't even buy the yarn for his sweater.
The book that is under the Euroflax is The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova and I'm about 24 chapters in. It's really good. I have this thing with vampires- I think they are fascinating. This book however, is so well done, its creeping me out! Good stuff! New yarn, good book... what else does a girl need?

1 Comments:

At 11:43 PM, Blogger Lacefreak said...

You made out like a bandit! Wonderful yarn score!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home