Thursday, August 16, 2007

School and moths!

Well, school has started here in Gwinnett county and surprisingly, my sanity is still intact. I knew this was going to be a big to-do because its Aaron's first year of school and they both wanted to ride the bus.


So they are.
To make a long story short, they are riding the bus happily while their mother sits at home fretting and pacing wondering what they are doing and how they are feeling with each passing moment. Today is Thursday and the first day I haven't felt a twist of anxiety about them being on a bus/at school. Who knew being a mother would be so freakin' difficult? I must admit though, it is soooooo nice to have the house to myself all day. Wooot! If it weren't so damn hot, I'd be out running in the mornings or practicing some material for Kung Fu. I've got 6 months of material to review for a brown belt test which I can take anytime after next week. Oiy. That makes me nervous. The Grandmaster is coming to town in September to do some testing (black belts only) and I'm going to go watch. This is gonna be awesome!
Anyway, I've been knitting up a storm. I started Maya's sweater.


I can't decide whether I hate the yarn or like it. It's Ella Rae Amity. Its soft, but in the heat it feels scratchy and unforgiving. I took it out to the bus stop yesterday and knit practically 10 long rows before the bus got there (in 100 degree weather - growing up in El Paso has conditioned me I suppose). Its producing a pretty fabric so I'm sure it will come out looking okay. I measured the gauge and it seems off, but the measurement of the sweater seems on track...? I don't know...it seems to be working so I'll deal with whatever problems as they come. Thankfully, this is a top down cardi so I should be able to fit it as I go.
I had to put my Pomatomus' away! I found a dead moth in my finished sock! Then I proceeded to screw up a repeat on the second. I didn't rip back yet. I just stuffed the whole thing back in its bag. When I pick it up again, I'll have to nuke it for a few seconds to be sure to kill any larvae. EWwwww. So I'm gearing up to make either the Leyburn's or the Flickering Flame socks. I ordered some yarn from Bluemoon Fiber Arts. Yipee! I'm really excited for it to come. More packages!

2 Comments:

At 2:13 PM, Blogger Mouse said...

Awww.. My son started Monday as well and we're already having issues with the bus driver. Grumble grumble.

I can't believe you are knitting at the bus stop.. I am trying not to PASS OUT at the bus stop in this 100 degree weather. I'm not used to this at all.. bleh.

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger nuttnbunny said...

Sorry bout the larvae!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home