Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Halloween approacheth....

Well, I struggled, I ripped, I seamed, I ripped, I weaved and voila!!

A mostly done Tomten! I began crocheting an edge around, but I really did not like the way it was coming out. I'm wondering if I should go for the I-cord border or just block and zipper. Hmmmmm. I got actual butterflies in my tummy thinking about casting on for Starsky Jr. today. In trying to keep down my rising frustration and excitement about the Halloween Mystery Shawl, I was telling myself I could work on Maya's sweater and get a good start on it without halloween distraction. But, alas, it was not to be for today (a mere 2 days after my order was placed!!) my shawl yarn arrived in the mail.


It is blacker and shinier and beautifuller than I imagined. In a weak moment yesterday, after spending $15 on beads, I went to the Yarn Garden to see what their laceweight situation was (I'd swear to you I was a patient person, but now, I'm starting to wonder) and they didn't have anything I really liked. The yarn I ordered was cheaper and better than what was there (love you Yarn Garden!).
So now I'm off to bust out the laundry, vacuuming, kitchen and bathrooms so I can wind this yarn so that when the kids get home I can do homework, snacks, dinner and cleaning, baths and then I can sit and cast on!!! T minus 7.5 hours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home