Thursday, August 23, 2007

Stash Enhancement eXpedition

I woke up this morning with the idea that I could go to the LYS to look for a contrasting yarn for Maya's cardigan. Unfortunately, that didn't turn out so well (she chose the corniest seafoam green/blue that goes with no other color). But in the front room they have a new arrivals area. It automatically drew me in because it was handdyed wools (like a moth to a flame I tell you). Anyway, I happened to notice besides the bulky stuff there was...fingering weight. Sock yarn weight. Handdyed Araucania sock yarn in multis and solids. My heart fluttered. One of the employees came over to me and together we may have stared and twittered over it for a good 5 minutes. I had a reddish color chosen originally, but decided on this one:

Next, I stumbled upon some Jo Sharp Silk Tweed Aran that I decided I may be able to use for a sweater I want to make for ME. I'd looked at it once already and was about to go when something caught my eye. It looked like alpaca all purple and fuzzy. I was half right:
Ultra Alpaca

I've been waiting to get a hold of some of this yarn for a while now! Its beautiful and perfect and I bought 7 skeins with no design in mind! All I know is that I will find some pattern worthy of its soft warm perfectness. Yum!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home