Saturday, September 08, 2007

Another week gone already?

I can't believe its Saturday! And I've had a revelation: now I know what has holding me back and practically killing my knitting mojo: my printer! It's been out of yellow ink for awhile now and apparently that means a no go on any printing. Of course, Mike orders black ink (which it also needed) and the lack of yellow ink is still keeping it from printing!!!
So Mike offered to print some of the patterns I've been wanting at work. When he came home with the large stack of copies I was so happy!! I want to cast on for Starsky NOW. I'm going to use the Ultra Alpaca and I'm planning on having to knit the Large size to make up for the gauge difference. I did a little math and I think it will work out.
Earlier in the week, I gave into weakness and cast on the Hemlock Lap Blanket.


FUN people. The yarn is actually nice too! It is one of the patterns I now have printed (writing down those line by line instructions SUCKED!!!! I only got to line 35) so I want to get back to it. Its awesome to see it take shape so fast.
Today we went to Gwinnett Mall. Not our usual shopping grounds but we needed a water filter for the fridge and that's the closest Sears. Anyhoo, it was fun. We hadn't been to the mall in a long time. I guess its because the Mall of Georgia is crazy almost always! I hate crowds. This time, I even got to look at some clothes. Women's clothes. Clothes that I can wear. Although it takes me some time to get my bearings. One good thing that came from all the window shopping was getting to see all the fall sweaters. Lots of short cardi's and lots of cables. Many of the sweaters I saw in multiple stores looked a lot like Wendy's Flair. Awesome!
I'm probably one of the WORST shoppers I know. I'm turning 30 this year. I'm 5'4", 125 lbs. In what department do I shop?! Do I wanna look like a college slut? Or like I'm a 45 year old school marm? The only stuff I found was in the "business professional" section. Where am I going to wear nice stuff like that? To the elementary school when I help out my sons Kindergarten teacher for 30 minutes every Wednesday?! Can you tell that I hate shopping? I think this also stems from the fact that my kids are in school and I feel like I'm in limbo. Stay at home mom? Go back to school? Get a job? Ugh! Give me my bottle of wine and pass the knitting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home