Friday, September 24, 2004

Happy Day

Today is a happy day: its my birthday! yeah! So I am going to celebrate by making a delicious white cake with chocolate frosting and strawberries with my children then knitting for the rest of the day! Hubby got me a gift certificate to a bookstore so I've been trying to find some good knitting books to consider. The only one I've found is Vintage Knits, but I won't know what is really out of course until I go. I've heard about the new D. Stoller book SnB Nation, but I don't think its out yet and I don't know when its going to be released. Any suggestions are very welcome.
So I've been working on the washcloths and they're coming along. I've also been working on my granny square shawl and its been fun. I just have never worked with putting these together. There are lots of loose ends where I have switched colors so I need to weave all those in and that looks like it will take forever! On top of that, I don't know how many squares I will get out of the eight skeins I bought. I figure twelve squares long by six squares wide equals seventy-two squares. I've made fifteen.

I've got to organize my stash and when I do that I want to take pictures and then I will definitely post them! How exciting! I also want to take pictures of the progress on my shawl and the newer washcloths and maybe if you're lucky I'll throw in one of me in my finished Cape Mod!

1 Comments:

At 5:37 PM, Blogger Freecia said...

SnB nation will be out in November but Knit Wits from Amy of Knitty.com will be out next Tuesday! http://www.amysinger.ca/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home