Wednesday, September 01, 2004

cool cape


cape mod almost done Posted by Hello
So this is my almost finished version of Melissa Lim's Cape Mod from SnB. Right now I am trying to decide if I should frog the end and just add the rest of the merino to it (only like one and a half skeins) to make it longer. I worked for three days straight on this puppy and by the time I got to the edging my eyes were crossing and I was SO ready for this project to be wrapped up. I've already frogged it once because I really wanted this to turn out nice and wearable so I'm thinking it would be well worth the extra effort of adding the rest of the yarn. Also, since I've never really blocked a project, I'm not sure how much more room I'll get out of it when I block it. ?? One bright spot however is I LOVE this techno hair yarn! Its so soft! Puuuurrrrrrrrr! Its only the second kind of novelty yarn I've used so maybe I'm just still a newbie. Anyway....now I've got to get up the gumption of frogging the bottom, figuring out how to get my needles back into the piece and continue. Or should I block it first?!

2 Comments:

At 8:51 AM, Blogger green as a bean said...

hi there! i found your blog through KR...

your cape looks great! I liked that pattern the first time i saw it in SnB, but yours looks even better. good job!
--Rachel

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger veronica said...

Thanks! I am very excited to wear it but I'll probably have to wait two to three more months since its still warm here in FL.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home