Wednesday, December 05, 2007

I've lost it....

my mind, my energy and my knitting mojo. I've written down about 2 dozen great scarf patterns and cast on for about 10 and they've all been ripped. We are doing a "present swap" this x-mas and I thought I'd knit a great unisex scarf from some gorgeous green Ultra Alpaca. Its been 1.5 weeks and the only knitting I've done is about 5 rows on Aaron's stocking. Christmas is now what, 2 days away? Ugh. I woke up yesterday with a head cold and suffered through a ridiculously busy day with the kiddos. Kung fu has been put off so far this week. Its really starting to feel rushed, and Manny reprimanded me last Saturday for not punching right!! White belt techniques done wrong by me, a brown belt. I must have looked like shit because he pulled me aside to ask if I was okay. (Damn, was I that bad?!) So I feel bad about that and now I've missed 2 opportunities to learn the second part of this beautiful form. I'm going to have to go on Saturday again and risk getting grilled on basics. Manny keeps wanting me to test at every opportunity and thats great, but just learning the stuff is good enough for me. I do realize to learn more, I'll have to test, but there is no going slow and understanding it!! Just go, go, go!!!
sigh
Last weekend, we made the trip down to Knitch. It is a great store. But I didn't find anything I had to have. Thats how low my knitting morale has sunk. They had lots of great roving and even dyeable yarns.....a snugs kit (but only in the small sizes) and Rowan yarns. All of this made me excited, but we are broke right now with the holidays and all. I need a job to support the yarn habit. Le sigh. Anyhoo....I'm going to get back to Knitty - the new winter patterns are up!! Yippee!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home