Monday, June 05, 2006

Back to the Grind...

We're back from our wonderful vacation to Walt Disney World. It was pretty awesome and pretty stressful. I'm amazed at the amount of people that go to these parks! Oiy. Granted we went at the beginning of the busy season but still...very busy. The kids had a blast and so did the adults. I wish I had taken more pictures (of course). We went to the Polynesian Resort for the dinner show which was awesome once they got to the polynesian dancing. I recommend that highly. We also ate at Le Cellier in Canada at Epcot's World Showcase which was supreme! Anyway, we had a good time and everyone is back home. Joy. To take my mind off the terrible longing to return to the Animal Kingdom Lodge I will discuss the main topic of this blog...knitting.

I was working hard on getting that damn shrug done for this vacation and I did end up finishing it. I finished it the day after we got home. I think she maybe has 8 months before she outgrows it! I washed it so that I could block it and it came out looking like I'd put it in a cement mixer. Its all fuzzy and weird. I hate cotton. Or it hates me. The yarn was so nice to knit with and now its turned into a fuzzy stiff wad of....blue. To console myself, I've completed 3" of sock for Mike. I harassed him for a while about what color of wool he would like for a sweater. His reply was, "I want socks first." What the..? He's getting a damn sweater at some point. Probably one out of Vintage Knits. Also, I'm getting ready to swatch for Grannie Smith. Isn't it cute?! And I began working on the right front of Aaron's sweater so it will for sure be done by this fall. I held the back piece up to his body and I think it will be just right. So he'll get one year's worth of wear in. So thats all for now. I know this is like, the most boring knit blog ever but oh well. KNit ON!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home