Tuesday, February 22, 2005

New News

Well, a lot of knitting has been underway. So much that I have no pictures. Sorry. Instead, I've figured out how to add a button to my sidebar! Yeah for me! By the time I have this blog thing all figured out they'll be obsolete. Anywho, the button is for the Spinning Wheel ring. Yep, I'm about to dive into the unknown waters of spinning my own yarn. Truthfully, I could not be more freakin' excited! I am currently keeping tabs on an ebay auction for a drop spindle and a 6oz bundle of dyed wool. Don't worry, it comes with two instruction booklets. Anyway, this auction ends six days from now! I don't know if I can wait that long!?! Forget the chaos in the world right now.....I must have roving! I suddenly became smitten with the idea of spinning while reading Stephanie's guest blogger yesterday. Maybe one day I will try to dye my own roving, but for now, just handling it properly will suffice!
Mom's sweater hasn't seen the light of day for at least two weeks now and I'm starting to feel guilty as I line up two more projects ahead of it. Well, its February in Florida. Winters over here anyway! She'll have it in time for next fall. Back to the roving.......there is one yarn store here that has spinning listed under its name. Its in Palm Harbor which isn't far away but a drive with two small kids who don't want to go in the first place. Do they have roving? Could it be? Wheels? Spindles? The last thing we need is to spend more money on fiber supplies but the thought of learning to spin alpaca roving myself sets my heart a-racin'!
More pictures and an update on spinning acquisitions tommorow.

2 Comments:

At 3:14 PM, Blogger Amie said...

Welcome to the Spinning Wheel! Can't wait to see how you progress with spinning!

 
At 4:57 PM, Blogger veronica said...

thanx amie! I'm very excited to get started.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home