Wednesday, February 09, 2005

UGG!


UGG! Posted by Hello

Here is the first UGG bootie. It only took me a few hours to do. I worked on it at the local mall's playground while my kids played. While I was working on it a lovely woman came up to me and asked me if she could watch me as she was trying to teach herself how to knit. We sat there for a while and she told me she had crocheted several blankets for family and friends. I told her if she had the stick-to-it-iveness to crochet a whole blanket (bedspread size mind you) she could easily learn to knit anything. As we were both rounding up our kids, she mentioned she was heading right to the craft store to look at yarn!! Another yarn enabling moment.
A bit earlier, while the kids were playing, another little girl came up and started watching me and asking me what I was doing. I told her I was knitting and that you can make lots of stuff with some yarn and two needles like headbands, legwarmers, toys, sweaters.....She ran off and asked her mom if she could knit!
My husband would say, "great now your warping the children". Yesssssss, little children would all learn to knit if I were the ruler of the world! There would be Yarn store vacations and yarn bonuses! Free needles and patterns for everyone!
Bwah-hah-hah!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home