Friday, April 07, 2006

Well, once again, a day went by without much knitting. But there was knitting excitement had. After a grueling week at home with the kids (I keep telling myself only 4 more weeks of homeschool, only four more weeks of homeschool…..) I figured I deserved a little sit and knit at the LYS. By a little, I mean a little. Approximately 30 minutes to be exact. Mike didn’t get home until 7:30pm. Takes me half an hour to get there, and it ends at nine. Anyhoo. It was well worth the trip! Her spring yarns are amazing!! There were some incredible handdyed cottons that I came very close to snatching up for no other reason than they were the most beautiful cotton I’d ever seen in my life. She had Elsbeth Lavold’s Hempathy which is what I originally went to see. There were only four colors: pink, turquoise, white and brown. I didn’t like any of them so I bought only 2 skeins of white to play with. The nice guy who works there (yes, a man – a very nice young man!) showed me some interesting bamboo which I briefly considered for the Mason-Dixon after Dark Robe. But it wasn’t machine washable. There was all the mercerized cottons ever (I think) and I spent a lot of time comparing sheen, yardage and price for another project I want to make: Joseph’s Blankie of Many Colors also from the Mason-Dixon book. (Really cool book) I figured I should get out before I lost self control and left with only the 2 balls of Hempathy. I’m saving my yarn $$$ for our vacation. We are going to spend 4 nights at the Animal Kingdom Lodge in Orlando. There is a yarn store not to far from there I found called Sip and Knit. Since family is coming in for this and there won’t be any time for yarn store side trips, my plan is to leave very early and cruise by there before we hit the Lodge. Our meetup time is noon. It takes us roughly 2 hours (less on a weekday morning I hope) to get to Orlando. If we leave at 8am, that gives us plenty of time to get to the Yarn store, shop then drive to the Animal Kingdom Lodge. Since my vacations are usually more work than vacation, I figure we can indulge mommy and let her shop some Koigu and Brown Sheep before we hit the Disney parks. The clincher here is that my aunt is coming who is a new knitter and I know she would LOVE to get away and hit this store. Maybe if the knitting goddess smiles upon us, we may get to take a field trip. Here’s to hoping.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home