Thursday, March 23, 2006

YARN SALE!!!!!


yarn sale
Originally uploaded by samuraisqurl.
I was SOOO excited when the LYS sent out emails for the sale. Of course I had a print out of the sale items and a plan. That went all to hell them moment I walked in. I know, I know. This isn't much of a haul for a end-of-season yarn sale. The only thing that was actually on sale in this picture was the Inca Alpaca. I bought four skeins (2 of each color) I'm going to knit together for a scarf. There is the glorious Regia Silk ( I LOVE that stuff) that I couldn't pass up. Then the 3 balls Cascade fixation and 6 balls of Knit 1, Crochet Too's Wick. I saw this the previous trip to the store and thought it looked soo interesting. Then the night before the sale, after my trillionth swatch for the damned beach/suit top I was so depressed that I told myself I wouldn't even go to the sale. (I guess I was thinking my knitting skills were so in the toilet that I didn't deserve discounted wool) When I saw Wick at the store I decided to go ahead and buy enough to make the top. Brave I know. Nothing I bought that day is refundable.
I cast on the gauge swatch right when I got home and lo and behold: The correct gauge!!! YEAH!!!! I've been working on only that and in my other spare moments I've been looking at this. It gives me the palpitations (in a good way).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home