Well, with only six days left to finish, I've finally gotten the body on the shrug. I'm beginning to seriously doubt my ability to read a pattern correctly. I kept casting on and picking up stitches for the body tube and was short 50 every time! It was almost to the point where I thought I'd have to either get help from someone at the lys or scrap my olympic knitting project. After a nights rest, I laid the sucker out on the kitchen table and scrutinized the pattern diagram vs my knitted product. Turned out I was misreading the directions when it came to where to put the markers and how to pick up the sts between them. Sigh.
So, after finally getting it right (sorta) I've made almost 5" of progress on the body. I think I'm gonna keep this stripe at 6" max (as you can see my planning skills also leave something to be desired) then I'll continue in black to the bottom.
In other knitting news, I cast on and worked about 24 rows in the Carroll bag. I don't know if I should be using such large needles for that yarn. The fabric is so flimsy! I can't imagine it will feel thick at all after I felt it. Hmm. I'm considering doubling up. We'll see.