Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Christmas is coming.........

Yay!! It's December! I can't believe this year is almost over. My baby will be 4 in a couple of weeks! Sigh.
I've been knitting a lot. I planned on making Cigar for my dad. After beginning, it seemed the thing was too small so I frogged and jumped up to a size L. Well, now I think that its too big. Now I have one large glove. Hmmmmm. DH thinks that a pair would be perfect for BIL Nathan. So now I think I'm going to end up knitting 3 more of these! It only took me 2 days to knit it, but I'm ready to move on and the weird sizing has turned me off (so what if I didn't do a gauge swatch?). I guess I'll just suck it up and cast on for the size L mate. I'll probably make Dad's pair a size M. By the way I think that pattern is brilliant.
In other news, I have cast on and completed the ribbing bottom of the back of Cherie. The wool is sooooooooooo nice. I was worried that maybe casting on for size 34 bust would be too big, but now the ribbings done, I'm worried its gonna be tight. (I did a gauge swatch for this one.) Knitting that has been addicting and took up most of my day today given I was sidelined from more "active" activities due to a killer case of PMS. I hate hormones. Headaches, cramps, dizziness, fatigue.....I'm beginning to think I should check myself in for some sort of scientific observation.
So Christmas is coming and although I hadn't really planned on asking for anything, I've found something I REALLY want.....
These are freaking beautiful!!
I especially like the carpet bag with the unicorn on it. Sigh. I'm only sharing this little secret with you because I know there is very little chance I will be getting one of these for Christmas. Besides getting a bag, I was considering sending myself to her and offering her my meager skills in trade for room and board.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home