Friday, November 18, 2005

Weaving in the ends.......


Great Grandma
Originally uploaded by samuraisqurl.
My Grandmother, Earline Barnes passed away Oct 31, 2005. She was smart, funny and very talented. Here is a picture of her and Maya on our last visit in Sept to my parents home in GA. Maya and Earline both thought the other was the coolest chick they'd ever met. They were a hoot to watch together!
The kids and I flew to El Paso for the service and boy was that a trip. She had soooooo many friends and students it was unreal and they all loved her so dearly. It was so uplifting to know she had been such a positive influence in other peoples lives. While cleaning the house, we came upon all sorts of crochet projects; mostly granny squares in various shades of acrylic yarn. She LOVED to crochet and her mother is the one who taught me to crochet when I was little.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home