Sunday, March 06, 2005

Just when I think I've taken this knitting thing too far and I'm in way over my head......I find there is another level to be achieved within this fiber obsession of mine. Forget the eight simultaneous projects being worked on. Forget the ever growing amount of yarn without any specific goals in sight. Forget the measly little spindle and simple wool roving I bought the other day (and I how excited I was days before knowing I was going to buy it). No, put it all down and take a deep breath. I have gone to the next level......My husband bought me this:



 Posted by Hello



He won it on eBay and while it says "vintage" and "repaired professionally" there is also "perfect working order" and "basic instructions included". Besides all this is the fact that this is like the most expensive thing DH has ever bought me and I think its the most beautiful thing I've seen! Just when you think your loved ones are conferring about a fiber intervention they go and do something incredibly enabling! I'm so excited I can't stand it. So meanwhile, I must research research research spinning. Wish me luck and if anyone recognizes this baby or has any advice for me let me know!!

1 Comments:

At 12:11 PM, Blogger Amie said...

Oh, it's beautiful! What a great gift!!!

I don't recognize it, other than the basics - it's a castle wheel, aka upright wheel...

You'll have to let us know how lovely it is when you get it in person!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home