Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Just waiting.....

Well, not much knitting or spinning has been going on lately. I pulled/tore a muscle in my back and was practically incapacitated for three days. Good thing I only had to take care of the house and kids then get us ready for a trip to Orlando on Sunday! Luckily for me though, I had a nice quiet solo trip to Uncommon Threads where I picked up nine more ounces of roving. I really enjoyed this trip to the yarn store because it was without the kids. Even if the driving was a bit painfull (I had to turn my whole torso with my head to see beside me or over my shoulder) it was a blast. Of course the wool was meant for the wheel, but I must confess I've started spinning some on the spindle. I'm having a bit of a hard time with this roving. Its much stiffer and the fibers are sticking together. So, mostly, my single is still inconsistant.
In other news, the trip to Orlando was fun and today I splurged and bought Stephanie Pearl McPhee's book. Exciting and sad that it might arrive before the wheel!

by the way....Valerie loved her booga! Yay!

1 Comments:

At 2:22 PM, Blogger Amie said...

Oh, NO! Hope you're up and at'em again soon! That sounds painful!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home